March 24, 2020
COVID-19 — interesting times. It seems every generation has a defining event — some more than just one. A fellow parent observed that our daughters, both now seniors in high school, were 9/11 babies back in 2001. Now, in 2020, their senior year will likely be remembered not for senior prom, or for that last chance at a state championship, or for a beautiful graduation ceremony. Instead, it will be the year we sheltered-in-place. If there’s a bright side for them, perhaps it’s that this will be their equivalent of my generation’s I walked three miles to school every day, uphill each way in two feet of snow!
As for Spectrum, we’re no different than the quality TPAs and producers we work with every day. Like them, we are working diligently through this unique event, making sure that our clients are receiving the best possible service. Equally as important, we are looking out for the welfare of our employees and families.
We now have roughly 72% of our staff working from home and fully functional. The remaining 28% (including me) continue to work out of our Indianapolis headquarters, performing essential functions best handled there, and of course following all COVID-19 best practices related to social distancing, cleanliness, etc. As conditions change, we are all prepared to work from home, if necessary, with full functionality.
We’re also doing our best to stay on top of regulations impacting Plans and answering myriad stop loss coverage questions. Keep an eye on the News section of this website for the most current information on how Spectrum is handling COVID-19 relating to stop loss coverage.
Stability, experience, dependability, longevity & focus – make Spectrum’s qualities your assets.
Please stay healthy, be diligent, and be kind. Our collective resilience will serve us all well.