Spectrum’s number one priority is the well-being of our employees, families, TPAs, producers, policyholders and the communities in which we all live and work. As COVID-19 continues to impact the country in myriad ways, rest assured we are taking all steps necessary to keep everyone in the chain safe, healthy and informed.
We remain fully operational with 72% of staff working from home and 28% working at our headquarters. Our TPA partners and producers are exploring ways to keep policyholders and plan participants secure with service and coverage options beyond norms. As such, please note the following for all policyholders insured through Spectrum with Companion Life Insurance Company, Companion Life Insurance Company of California, Niagara Life & Health Insurance Company and Ironshore Indemnity:
Effective retroactively to March 1st, 2020 and through at least April 30th, 2020, we will accept the following plan benefit changes, without requiring plan amendment and without prior notification:
- COVID-19 testing at 100% coverage with no deductible, coinsurance or co-payment.
- Telehealth services for COVID-19 testing at 100% coverage with no deductible, coinsurance or co-payment.
- No pre-authorization of COVID-19 testing is required.
- Waiver of prescription refill limitations for maintenance medications.
Further, through at least April 30th, 2020, we will make the following administrative accommodations for policyholders in the event COVID-19 causes alteration of normal business operations, including but not limited to quarantine and temporary business closure:
- We will follow the policyholder’s
determination to keep otherwise actively-at-work plan participants on active
- Plan participants actively-at-work on the day prior to alteration of normal business operations will be considered actively-at-work provided premium continues to be paid for those participants.
- We will allow hardship requests for premium due-date
extensions on a case-by-case basis and will also follow all federal and state mandates
regarding premium payment extensions.
- Please note that no claims will be reimbursed for eligible claims paid by the plan after the last date for which premium was paid. All eligible claim payments will be released as soon as reasonably possible upon receipt of any overdue premium.
- Please direct hardship requests to Daniel Richards, Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treatment for COVID-19 is typically covered under most plans the same as any other illness. If a policyholder wishes to increase benefits or waive plan participant cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatment, a plan document amendment is required, and we reserve the right to revise policy terms, including rates and factors.
We can both receive premium payments and pay eligible excess claims via ACH transaction. If interested in either option, please contact Daniel Richards, Controller, email@example.com.
COVID-19 places us all in a state of flux – we will keep you updated as necessary. We value your business and will continue to work hard for you. Please contact us with questions, comments or concerns. Be diligent, thoughtful, healthy and safe – and wash your hands!